All member schools and all schools applying for full membership of Ecumenical Schools Australia are required to:
- Respect Christian traditions;
- Be co-educational;
- Be financially viable, as evidenced by financial statements and enrolment figures, and any other reasonable measure deemed appropriate as applicable;
- Have appropriate governance structures and procedures in place, with clear guidelines for the day-to-day operation of the school;
- Agree that the school’s Principal will become a Director of the Board;
- Have appropriate contractual arrangements for the Principal in place;
- Foster inclusiveness and diversity;
- Agree to uphold all aims and objectives of Ecumenical Schools Australia; and
- Commit to contribute positively to the network’s activities.
The Board of Directors retains its right to approve membership applications on the basis of value which applicants would bring to Ecumenical Schools Australia, as well as the value which the network might bring to the applicant.
For more information regarding VESS membership, please contact the System’s Executive General Manager, Mr Stephen Higgs.
Membership of Ecumenical Schools Australia is growing and enquiries from schools regarding prospective membership are welcomed.
Collectively, Ecumenical Schools Australia members have a stronger voice than they do individually. Member schools are able to take comfort in the knowledge that they are part of a group representing over 19,850 local students, over 3,100 staff, and many regions of Australia.